The SHRM Case Competition and Career Summit (formally the SHRM Regional Student Conference) has been revolutionized for 2015! This year’s event will bring students, student chapter advisors, faculty members and HR professionals together in a meaningful way. Whether you want the opportunity to hear from in-the-know keynote speakers, sit down with a local HR practitioner to get your individual workforce/professional questions answered, or compete in the coveted SHRM case competition, this event is sure to change your perspective on what it means to be a member of the HR community.
The SHRM Case Competition is an event that provides a realistic preview for students of the types of problems that students may eventually encounter in the workplace. The case scenarios reviewed during the competition can focus on any number of HR issues and requires strategic thinking, ethical decision-making, and strong leadership and presentation skills. Teams will present their recommended solutions to a panel of judges in a 15 minute oral presentation, as well as prepare a 2 page written executive summary.
Changes for 2015:
- 28 teams will have the opportunity to compete at each event.
- Introducing virtual preparation:
- Teams will prepare and submit their recommended solutions in advance of the event.
- Preliminary and final oral presentation rounds will be held onsite.
All attendees will:
- hear from inspirational keynote speakers,
- partake in networking events with current HR practitioners,
- prepare for the next step in your career through the popular career mentoring sessions.
For those not participating in the case competition, there will be limited seating available to view the preliminary case competition judging.
Three events will be held – East, Central and West
March 20-21, 2015
April 24-25, 2015
(Cincinnati, Ohio metro area)
March 13-14, 2015
(Los Angeles/San Bernardino area)